RaceGrade Cellular Gateway
(Qty 2) RaceGrade 4G LTE Radios
(Qty 1) RaceGrade Car Antenna Kit
(Qty 1) RaceGrade Pit Antenna Kit
(Qty 2) Annual Data Plans (1 plan per radio, 1GB of data per month per radio)
Questions about this kit should be emailed to [email protected].
The RaceGrade LTE Cellular Gateway system provides real time telemetry data from a vehicle to base station. It uses Verizon’s 4G cellular network to provide data coverage at any venue with cellular coverage. International venues are supported with an alternate SIM card that supports other networks. The gateway provides fast update rates to allow accurate data while simplifying trackside setup by utilizing smaller antennas and eliminating the necessity of repeaters. The gateways come preconfigured to work seamlessly upon power up.
Custom configurations can be implemented with an upgrade. The gateway connections are all on the top surface to improve flexibility in mounting arrangement. The case is water resistant and features 3 antenna connections and an Autosport connector for signals and supplies. Continuous device uptime during transient voltage operation, such as power cycling or starting the vehicle, is achieved via an internal super-capacitor system.
This complete kit includes the following:
- (2) RaceGrade 4G LTE Cellular Gateway Radios
- (1) RaceGrade 4G LTE Car Kit
- (1) RaceGrage 4G LTE Pit Kit
Note: It is suggested that gateway be mounted on soft Velcro or some other form of vibration isolation.
- Replacement for any RS232 Serials Comms based telemetry system and is pin compatible with Bosch 4G LTE System and RaceGrade FGR2 900Mhz system
- Can run telemetry system at maximum RS232 Serial Comms bandwidth (230.4 kbps), MoTeC’s logger support a maximum of 115.2 kbps
- Telemetry Monitor and T2 compatible
- 2 gigabyte of bandwidth per month standard
- 2 cellular antennas for signal diversity*
- Gateways use Verizon’s 4G LTE Network
- European and Canadian support also available.
- Dimensions: 6.5”x 4.5” x 1.5” (16.5 cm x 11.4 cm x 3.8 cm)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs. (680.3 grams)
- Main Connector:ASL006-35PN (Mating Connector: ASL606-35SN)
- Ethernet Connector:ASL006-35PA (Mating Connector: ASL606-35SA)
- Cellular Connectors: Female SMA
- Wi-Fi Connector: Male SMA
- Status LEDs for Power, Signal, Network and activity
- Water Resistant Enclosure
- Ethernet Interface
- Current Use: <1 Amp Maximum during normal use, <3 Amps Maximum during internal supply charging (60 seconds maximum charge time)
- Voltage Range: 7V -30V
- Super-Capacitor Hold Up Time: 10 seconds w/ gateway loaded, 40 seconds w/ gateway idle
Main: ASL606-05SN Mating Connector
- Pin 1- Ground
- Pin 2- Reserved
- Pin 3- Power
- Pin 4- RS232 Serial RX
- Pin 5- RS232 Serial TX
Ethernet (Eth): ASL606-05SA Mating Connector
- Pin 1- Ethernet RX (+)
- Pin 2- Ethernet RX (-)
- Pin 3- Reserved
- Pin 4- Ethernet TX (+)
- Pin 5- Ethernet TX (-)
*Note about Diversity: MoTeC Systems USA has found that utilizing a diversity antenna (second antenna plugged into the ‘DIV’ SMA connector) increases performance. It is highly recommend that dual antennas are run (both car and pit) to ensure performance at low cellular coverage venues such as Lime Rock or Mid-Ohio.